There are any number of reasons to determine the value of your firm, especially if you are planning to sell your practice. But how do you do that?
In this episode, Darren Wurz talks with Serena Amlie, CFA, a manager at ComStock Advisors, about the process of performing a valuation for a law firm. She also explains what you can do to improve the value of your business to sell it for top dollar.
- Two reasons why law firms get a valuation done
- Ways a law firm valuation is different from other businesses
- Two different methods she typically uses to evaluate the law firm
- Ways to improve the value of your law practice ahead of sale
- And more
Connect With Darren Wurz:
- 30 Minute Chat With Darren
- Wurz Financial Services
- The Lawyer Millionaire: The Complete Guide for Attorneys on Maximizing Wealth, Minimizing Taxes, and Retiring with Confidence by Darren Wurz
- LinkedIn: Darren P. Wurz
- LinkedIn: The Lawyer Millionaire
- Twitter: Wurz Financial Services
Connect With Serena Amile:
About Our Guest:
Serena is a Senior Associate in ComStock Advisors’ Cincinnati office and has performed hundreds of valuations of businesses ranging in size from under $1.0 million in revenues to over $0.5 billion. She assists business owners in determining the value of their company for purposes including succession planning, mergers and acquisitions, employee stock ownership plan implementation and annual updates, estate and gift tax, shareholder disputes, divorce litigation, corporate planning, and appraisal reviews. Highlights of Serena’s valuation industry experience include manufacturing, marketing and branding, architecture and engineering, food and beverage, and construction. Serena is a Chartered Financial Analyst ® and a member of the ESOP Association, the American Society of Appraisers, and the Covington Business Council. She teaches a monthly financial literacy course to high school students at Covington Classical Academy. Serena earned a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance from Xavier University.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed